Rotochopper started when a Midwestern farmer decided to turn paper and wood waste into animal bedding. Twenty-five years later Rotochopper grinders are at work in diverse and sometimes bizarre settings around the world.
What do you do when you need to turn 500-pound blobs of candy into pig food? Or when you need to compost millions of chickens and turkeys that died of avian flu? Or when you need to grind contaminated trees in an abandoned uranium mine? Or when a dead whale washes ashore and you’re out of dynamite?
You turn to Rotochopper.
Since 1990, entrepreneurs with unique raw materials have turned to Rotochopper for solutions to their challenging—and sometimes weird—grinding applications. In honor of the 25th year of Rotochopper, here are some of the most interesting raw materials ever processed with Rotochopper grinding equipment.
The Strangest Feedstocks Processed with Rotochopper Grinders
- A dead full grown sperm whale that washed ashore in Halifax
- Uranium contaminated trees in Ontario
- Pallets of unopened beer cans in London
- Confiscated marijuana in California
- Blobs of Big Red® chewing gum the size of refrigerators in Iowa
- Millions of mink carcasses in Nova Scotia
- Contraband cigarettes in Ontario
- Dead pigs in Indiana
- Thousands of Viet Nam War ammunition boxes in Nevada
- Fiberglass windmill blades in South Dakota
- Millions of dead quarantined turkeys and chickens in Iowa
- Blobs of licorice waste in Minneapolis
- Reject McDonalds® Happy Meal toys (by the truckload) in Pennsylvania
- Hospital mattresses, hospital gowns, and operating room medical waste in Minnesota
- Pen manure (compacted straw and calf manure)
- Entire mobile homes in Indiana
- Tumbleweeds in Nevada
- Roadkill animals, including deer, in Ontario
- Reject Snickers® bars in Iowa
- Compacted, hardened balls of breakfast cereal (2 – 5 feet diameter) in Michigan
- Reject dog food biscuits in Missouri
- Dead dogs from a dog pound in Texas
- Sleeping bags in Oregon
- Reject gummy bears in Iowa
- All the returned 1996 phone books for the entire country of Australia in Queensland
The Solution for Weird—and Common—Grinding Applications
And of course, Rotochopper grinding equipment is also at work around the world in typical applications, grinding billions of pallets on every continent except Antarctica, among many other feedstocks.
What grinding challenges do you have? We’re always looking for new additions to this list.
Give your local Rotochopper rep a call to get started.